Monday, May 09, 2011

I'm going to write about this and hope not to jinx it... I suppose if something is meant to be, it will happen regardless of sharing before it happens, right? I guess I'm slightly superstitious in that regard.

My husband has been unemployed for over 2.5 years. It's been a looooooooooong 2.5 years. Some aspects have been great, awesome even... others, yeah, not so much. The past 6 months we have been without unemployment at all. So essentially no income. I keep telling myself that no one, not even a financial planning wizard could have planned for this.. the economy crash or job market in such sad shape. My husband has quite literally applied for hundreds of jobs, from positions that make over 80k a year to a dog washer position making minimum wage. Nothing. He's had a few badly matched jobs in the past couple years, one downright scammy. I won't lie, it's been beyond hard.

His self worth plummeted to amazing lows, which I'm sure you can imagine.. rejection after rejection after rejection can make even the most self assured person depressed. I have told him repeatedly that it will happen, when the time is right the proper door will open. Sadly, we are going to lose our house because the right door has taken just a little too long but I think we've made peace with it. Anyway, I digress... always off on another ramble...

I have been his personal secretary lately because he is just so discouraged with the job hunting process. I decided I would send out his resumes, fit him with the perfect job. He is still looking but not to the degree I am. I hesitate to say my once computer savvy hubby has been surpassed by his even more computer savvy wifey. Craigslist has been my venue... I look daily, I send out resumes to places that fit his skills. I figure something has to pan out and we've received more response from these places than anywhere else. Last week he was contacted by one business and asked to fill out an application for employment... we haven't heard back yet but I'm hopeful. Today he was asked to come in for an interview. An interview!!!! I'm friggin' excited! This is more than we've seen in over 2 years of looking. So if you have some extra positivity to spare, please send it our way.. I'm definitely hopeful.

No comments:

Post a Comment