Saturday, October 31, 2009

Tales of a Halloween Scrooge

I woke up this morning quite achy and cranky. I failed to go to bed at the proper time... in part because my children decided to pull an almost all nighter. Sage stayed up until a little after 2am and the boys I finally shooed out of the room shortly before I got her to lay down. This led my body to think it should stay up until near 4. wtf? I know why I do this.. I crave the solitude and quiet time without the kids, so I know it's only normal that I should stay up an hour or so after they go to bed. Not sure exact reasons why the kids stayed up so late other than the stars must have been properly aligned lol.

This led me to, of course, not get enough sleep. Sleep is greatly important to my pain levels throughout the day. If I don't sleep enough, I'm inevitably miserable the next day... sometimes lasting two or three days after a late night. My hips and legs hurt so bad I had some issues getting mobile this morning. I hate feeling like that... especially when that's how my day starts.

Trick or treating was today. With all the financial upheavals we've had recently I was unable to get the boys costumes. I looked around for some of our old costumes to no avail.. and I'll be damned if I recall where I shoved the face paint from last year. (probably hidden from Miss Sage, who likely found my stash spot at one point throughout the year) So, I had to be the mean mommy and tell the littles we weren't going this year.

Normally we don't trick or treat in our town. The few times I have gone, I've received Easter and Christmas candy. I'm not talking just one piece... I'm talking a good, solid quarter of the bag. Eww. So typically I swing out to my dad's and we go have a good time there. My dad knows all of his neighbors and some even get my kiddos special treats. :) My dad was working today though so we decided to make plans for a different day. No biggie.

Aidan was a bit disappointed we didn't go. He expressed this numerous times throughout the day. He was slightly soothed by getting two big bags of his own candy but still managed to bring it up again right before bed. I hate feeling like such a Scrooge. bah.

I've decided I need to work on some things about myself. I need routine.. I hate routine but I need it. I need to get on top of this house first. It's depressing being here sometimes as the mess can be overwhelming. It's not difficult to clean up really.. it's just motivating myself to do so. In part, I don't know where to put some of our stuff. I decided to homeschool the boys a few years ago and have never really found an organizational setup I like or can stick to. I tried doing flylady not too long ago but ha. like many things I attempt to stick to... I fell off the wagon.

I wish it wasn't so difficult for me to stay organized. Really. I have a very organized brain.... and when I do get myself going I'm really good at what I do. It's just keeping up with things after the fact. I might for a while (like a week or two) but then I slack off in some area and next thing I know everything else has fallen apart, too.

Well. No more. I am making a promise to myself that by next Saturday my kitchen will be spotless.. that needs to happen first. I am aiming for keeping it spotless daily. That way the mess doesn't grow to crazy proportions. I also want to work on the bathroom. The living room will come next (see I have a plan) but I need to find a system for the living room. I need to figure out a better way to control the mess. It's too cluttered this way but we use all of our 'stuff' in here. Maybe some room reordering is what I need. I also want to post to my blog daily, as a way to keep track of myself and my feelings. I think this will greatly help me.

All of this leads in to my holiday blahs. I swear! If I get myself together... I think I'll be able to better enjoy the holidays. I want feel so overwhelmed and cranky. Aiming to have myself totally together by Thanksgiving and working on another set of goals. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment