Wednesday, October 28, 2009

I can see clearly now...

A lot has happened in the past few weeks. :)

I was ultra terrified that we were definitely going to lose our house even though T had finally found a job. I kept wracking my brain trying to come up with a solution but every effort I put in to it was thwarted. We tried selling our property numerous times to no avail, we dropped the price down to practically nothing.. and still no buyers. I guess it was meant to be.. and in a way I am actually kind of glad that no one bought it as we had yet to even see the property and enjoy it.

I applied for food stamps because we were just in such a tight bind that I didn't see any way to feed my family the way we deserve to eat. I had to keep reminding myself that there is no shame in asking for help when you really need it. I was glad I did, the people at the DHS office were so very kind... not what I expected. We qualified for expedited assistance and it couldn't have come at a better time, our cupboards were most definitely on the bare side. Now they are stuffed to the brim, overflowing and it brings such a sense of security for me...

I found the solution to the house problem as well. I had to break down and use my son's trust fund. It wasn't easy to come to the decision at all.. I really did not want to have to touch that money ever. It is K's money, not mine.. we've done it all this time on our own.. never even thinking of that money. ever. But desperate times call for desperate measures I suppose and K was more than willing for us to use his money. We had many conversations leading up to the actual decision to use it. He started many of them with, MOM! Please! Just use my money.. it means nothing to me. My typical response was, but it might mean something to you in the future. The last talk we had about it he said to me that it wouldn't mean near as much to him as a happy childhood he's enjoyed in a home of his own, a place that is his to lay his head at night. I nearly burst in to tears when he said that to me. I must say he is truly an amazing person. I'm glad he's a part of my life. So very glad, he's enriched me in more ways than I can list.

So, we are totally caught up on the mortgage through December. Hubby has a job that he should be starting soon. We have tons of food. I've got the sheer pleasure of my children available to me all day long. A happy home, A happy life. I am so blessed.

Oh.. and I must say that I was pleasantly surprised by the outpouring of kindness when we were at the lowest point in this ordeal. Family and friends sending us home with food from gathers, I was given some money a few times which was a blessing. My sister even took us grocery shopping once to make sure we could get through the week. How awesome. Things always seemed to fall in to place when it needed to... Just when I thought I was out of my last roll of toilet paper someone was making sure I had some available. lol It's true.. I will never doubt humanity again, there are some truly awesome people out there in this world. ♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment