Friday, October 16, 2009

So it happens...

Yesterday my husband found a job... I'm not sure if it's what he was really expecting in terms of what he wants to do with his life but it's a job and it will be different. Of course, me being me, I had to get on google and start googling for taxi driver experiences. Do they make money? Is it hard? What does it entail? etc, etc, etc. I'm really trying not to scare myself because some money is better than no money... and I really can see it as a lucrative career.. but it might take some time. Who knows, perhaps it's merely transitional and we'll go from there.

I'm still trying to keep my head in the positives, it's working and I am a lot happier overall when I feel/think this way. I've taken to only speaking in positives and trying not to let my mind dwell in the negatives. Some things are harder to do that with than others... It was slightly alarming this morning when I woke up and checked my bank account to find that we were 880 dollars in the hole. But it will be ok... and somehow we'll get out of this hole... while I'm searching for a way to pull up out that hole, it would be nice to find the money to pay our outstanding mortgage balance before they accelerate our loan AND somehow have enough food in the house. :D

Next Thursday is my food stamp interview, so that's a plus. We really need the help with food... I've become really creative at figuring out how to make something to feed us all on random things left in our pantry/freezer/fridge. This morning was chocolate pancakes... and that made everybody happy.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck to your DH on this new venture. It will look good on his work history, too. Thinking positive thoughts for you.

    ReplyDelete