Sunday, November 15, 2009

The Things I am Thankful For.

I've given this a lot of thought recently. I truly have so many things to be thankful for... and with it being November, this is probably a better time than ever to list them. :)

I am thankful for my beautiful children and their excellent health. They enrich my lives in ways I could have never imagined. I love watching them grow and develop. I enjoy their company and having them home with me all the time. I treasure the time we spend together.

I am thankful for my husband. There are, of course, times I wish I could throttle him! but overall he's a great guy. We are going on being together 12 years now... I find that amazing. We met when I was just 18 and hardly the person that I am today. He has watched me grow and develop in to the person I am today. He knows me better than just about anybody. And I for him. There's a special something when you share so much of your life with somebody.. through all the trials and tribulations, the good times and bad.. he's been there for me whether I've liked it or not.

I'm truly thankful for the food that is in my fridge, freezer and pantry cabinets. We have recently been without food and I can't say I'll ever take it for granted again. I love to cook and bake, it makes me feel whole inside when my children enjoy a meal I've created or the smiles on their faces when they bite into a treat I've baked for them.

I'm ever thankful for the presence of my family and friends, without them the past few months would have been even more difficult. I appreciate the generous offers to help us when we were in our greatest time of need. I hope one day to pay it all forward, to help when I can.

I'm thankful for the support I receive each day through the internet. My internet friends are among the greatest people I have ever had the pleasure to know. I know some say you truly can never know someone online but I beg to differ. Some of these people have been an integral part of my life and support system for the past 3 years. I've watched as they have added to their families, made life altering decisions and many other things. I think without them my life would probably be a lot more chaotic and stressful. Special thanks goes out to the ones that have helped guide me on my path to gentler parenting and the special words of wisdom so many had when we started on our homeschooling journey. It's been an eventful couple of years and I wouldn't change them for the world.

I'm truly grateful for so many other things in my life but I think those are the top. Trying to hold on to the good while the bad passes on its way out. ♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment